And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom – Anais Nin
Karmen is devoted to offering her clients high-quality psychotherapy for treating a variety of psychological conditions. Also known as talk therapy, psychotherapy refers to a collaborative process between the psychologist and client during which the clients’ thoughts, feelings, and behaviours are explored, made sense of, and given meaning to, in order for the client to have a better understanding of themselves and improve their personal functioning.
For this process to be effective, Karmen believes that the therapeutic relationship between the psychologist and client is key, and therefore strives to create a warm, welcoming and non-judgemental therapeutic context in which the client can speak freely. She offers individualized treatment to adolescents, adults, couples and families to help clients reach optimal functioning and well-being.
Karmen also practices in organisational psychology, where she helps businesses in the small to corporate sector improve their performance, motivation, job satisfaction, occupational health and safety, and, the overall well-being and health of employees. Through in-depth analysis, psychometric testing and various proven theories, Karmen makes it possible to attain effective and sustainable performance for both individuals as well as the organisation.
Psychotherapy can help you:
- Understand the difficulties you have experienced
- Define and reach wellness goals
- Overcome fears and insecurities
- Cope with stress
- Make sense of past traumatic experiences
- Identify triggers that may worsen your symptoms
- Improve relationships with famliy and friends
- Establish a stable, dependable routine
- Develop a plan for coping with crises
- End destructive habits such as drinking, using drugs overspending or unhealthy sex